Error accessing the Template Query Generator tool

Thanks, I read over the ticket linked @jeroen.hoffman, I can see the points made there but I think they are missing the point of whether it is a perceived security issue or not for local development. I think the point is that developers may end up in the scenario where they do not have the default admin credentials set and that the better developer experience would be to either just prompt for the admin credentials up front when the Essentials tool is opened instead of using a hard coded default or at least to have a more reasonable UX in the case where the credentials fail to tell the user that the Essentials tool requires the default admin password to be set… If there is no real security concern about the default credentials in local development then the prompt could say something along the lines of “Hey wait, the Essentials tool needs the default admin user and password to be set in order to function correctly. Please ensure there is a active user named admin with password admin that is within the administrators role before accessing the Essentials tool.”

I appreciate the background and the explanation but to be honest my opinion is that there is no excuse for a poor developer experience if Bloomreach wants to be competitive in the market. I’ve noticed that there seems to be a bit of a half hearted attempt to promote/support the use of the Essentials tool beyond initial site setup and scaffolding and this can be seen with regard to the lack of a way to uninstall plugins for example. My recommendation would be to either smooth these rough edges or to pitch the Essentials Tool a bit more directly as a tool for initial setup which should be removed afterword’s. Furthermore, setting up things like template queries should be something that a user can do when they define document types in the CMS as opposed to resorting the Essentials tool as an example because that is an ongoing effort.