brXM v15 - Maven build failure when executing steps from the getting started section

Hello, i’m new to Bloomreact and i’m trying to install a local instance of brXM 15 using the guide from this page Get Started with Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS / Self-Hosted) - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS and I am encountering a maven build failure while using mvn clean verify.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary for My Project 0.1.0-SNAPSHOT: [INFO] [INFO] My Project ......................................... SUCCESS [ 6.349 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data ......................... SUCCESS [ 0.009 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data For Application ......... SUCCESS [ 7.657 s] [INFO] My Project CMS Dependencies ........................ SUCCESS [ 30.627 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data For Development ......... SUCCESS [ 0.029 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data For Site ................ SUCCESS [ 0.044 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data For Site Development .... SUCCESS [ 0.027 s] [INFO] My Project Site .................................... SUCCESS [ 0.004 s] [INFO] My Project Site Components ......................... FAILURE [ 2.144 s] [INFO] My Project Repository Data Web Files ............... SKIPPED [INFO] My Project CMS ..................................... SKIPPED [INFO] My Project Site Webapp ............................. SKIPPED [INFO] My Project Essentials .............................. SKIPPED [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 57.876 s [INFO] Finished at: 2023-06-07T12:14:04+03:00 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [WARNING] [WARNING] Plugin validation issues were detected in 7 plugin(s) [WARNING] [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-source-plugin:3.2.1 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.2.0 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:3.1.0 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.7.0 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:3.0.0-M7 [WARNING] * org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M3 [WARNING] [WARNING] For more or less details, use 'maven.plugin.validation' property with one of the values (case insensitive): [BRIEF, DEFAULT, VERBOSE] [WARNING] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project myproject-components: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.example:myproject-components:jar:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-api:jar:2.21.6-h5 (absent), org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-jcr-rmi:jar:2.21.6-h5 (absent), org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-jcr-commons:jar:2.21.6-h5 (absent), org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-spi-commons:jar:2.21.6-h5 (absent): Could not find artifact org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit-api:jar:2.21.6-h5 in hippo (https://maven.bloomreach.com/repository/maven2/) -> [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException [ERROR] [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command [ERROR] mvn <args> -rf :myproject-components

The command i used for creating the project was the command provided in the section

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.4:generate \
-DarchetypeRepository=https://maven.bloomreach.com/repository/maven2/ \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.onehippo.cms7 \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=hippo-project-archetype \
-DarchetypeVersion=15.2.0

but i changed the version to 15.2.3 since 15.2.0 does not exist in the repo (Index of /org/onehippo/cms7/hippo-project-archetype)

Can anyone assist? Thank you.

Env:

**Apache Maven 3.9.2 (c9616018c7a021c1c39be70fb2843d6f5f9b8a1c)**

Maven home: /opt/homebrew/Cellar/maven/3.9.2/libexec

Java version: 20.0.1, vendor: Homebrew, runtime: /opt/homebrew/Cellar/openjdk/20.0.1/libexec/openjdk.jdk/Contents/Home

Default locale: en_RO, platform encoding: UTF-8

OS name: "mac os x", version: "13.3.1", arch: "aarch64", family: "mac"

Hi @vladut.muresan,

I think this might be related to the version of Java you are running. Based on the info you provided, you are running Java version 20, but brXM version 15.x.x requires Java version 11.

I am running Java 11, when i run java -version i get this:

openjdk version "11.0.19" 2023-04-18
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Homebrew (build 11.0.19+0)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Homebrew (build 11.0.19+0, mixed mode)

Seems like maven is defaulting to v20

To me it seems more about Jackrabbit version 2.21.6-h5 that is in our /maven2-enterprise repository, not in the open /maven2. Not yet, I guess.

Probably easiest for you now to use archetype version 15.2.2 which uses Jackrabbit 2.21.6-h4.

Cheers, Jeroen

Thank you Jeroen, 15.2.2 is building,now i have another issue, when i run mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=./storage and open localhost:8080/cms i get the following error : [**INFO**] [talledLocalContainer] 07.06.2023 14:15:50 ERROR http-nio-8080-exec-3 [HstFilter.doFilter:47] The HST Container Services are not initialized yet.

This means that the HST framework can’t connect to the repository. Probably there are earlier errors in bootstrapping. You may want to remove the storage location, start from empty/non-existing database.