Content Folder contents missing after startup

Here is what has happened:

1. We started on version 11.2 (this was running ok)
  2. We upgraded to 11.4.2 (this did not go well)
  3. We downgraded back to 11.2
  • The build was successful
  • The startup was successful
  1. When browsing the homepage http://localhost:8080/site/gb/en we got a 404, and all resource bundle values used by the 404 page were also not rendering
  2. We thought maybe the maven .m2 repository needed to be cleared a re-downloaded.
  3. build / startup were successful
  4. When browsing the homepage http://localhost:8080/site/gb/en we got a 404, and all resource bundle values used by the 404 page were also not rendering again

I have run out of ideas.

[ EDIT ]
I can now see that actually it is behaving as expected. The problem I have is all the content has been clobbered. Not sure why that would have happened.

As you can see, each of the sub-folders is empty:
Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 10.36.31

This never used to be the case. Is there a way to get them back?

Im guessing nobody has any ideas why all my content folders are empty?

Some content is in the source code (eg some resource bundle)

Can you provide more information on the steps you took? Is this a local deployment or a distribution to a production environment?

Apologies, just saw this through email notifications, didnt see the first post.

If you are on a local deployment, the startup will use the repo folder that is defined, if you dont define one it uses the target (which isnt the best idea because each build will wipe out this repo folder). This is the parameter -Drepo.path to set when you start your -Pcargo.run profile.

What are you setting for the repo.path?
Also - What version did you upgrade to? I don’t see a 11.4.2 listed in the release notes, were you upgrading from 11.2 to 13.4.2?

Hey mdg,

I am using version 13.2
We have been having some deployment issues, so we tried to upgrade to 13.4.2 on my localhost, which seemed ok, but we reverted back to 13.2 as the deployment onto one of our shared DEV environments did not go so well.

It was only after reverting back to 13.2 that the missing content folders on my localhost started to happen.
I use the following sequence of events to start up a localhost:

rm -rf dev - To remove the dev folder created on the last build.
mvn clean verify
mvn -Pcargo.run -Drepo.path=dev

Hope that helps