Esv2yaml git move error

Running esv2yaml with git move option as follows:
java -jar esv2yaml.jar -m git -s ‘./dhihippo/repository-data/application/src/main/resources’ -t ‘./dhihippo/repository-data/application/src/main/resources’

The following error is thrown
28.03.2019 10:57:38 INFO [org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.handleFsResource():413] Moving item from ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.xml to ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.yaml
28.03.2019 10:57:38 ERROR [org.onehippo.cm.migration.ResourceProcessor.moveGitResource():63] Error while executing ‘git mv -v -f ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.xml ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.yaml’ command:
28.03.2019 10:57:38 ERROR [org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.main():154] Esv2Yaml.convert() failed: Error while executing ‘git mv -v -f ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.xml ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.yaml’ command:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while executing ‘git mv -v -f ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.xml ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.yaml’ command:
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.ResourceProcessor.moveGitResource(ResourceProcessor.java:64) ~[esv2yaml.jar:1.6.1]
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.handleFsResource(Esv2Yaml.java:414) ~[esv2yaml.jar:1.6.1]
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.convert(Esv2Yaml.java:367) ~[esv2yaml.jar:1.6.1]
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.main(Esv2Yaml.java:142) [esv2yaml.jar:1.6.1]
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while executing ‘git mv -v -f ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.xml ./repository-data/application/src/main/resources/hcm-config/configuration/modules/autoexport-module.yaml’ command:
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.ResourceProcessor.moveGitResource(ResourceProcessor.java:64)
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.handleFsResource(Esv2Yaml.java:414)
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.convert(Esv2Yaml.java:367)
at org.onehippo.cm.migration.Esv2Yaml.main(Esv2Yaml.java:142)

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to allow the git move feature to work?

When I don’t use the -m git option, the yaml files are created and the source files are copied to new locations. I’d like to be able to retain the git history on these files.

Thank you,
Jean mc