Repository not found

The first indication of problems I find is from the catalina log:

16-Oct-2018 16:38:24.024 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start: 
 org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/cms]]
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:167)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to complete the scan for annotations for web application [/cms] due to a StackOverflowError. Possible root causes include a too low setting for -Xss and illegal cyclic inheritance dependencies. The class hierarchy being processed was [org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERBoolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean]
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.checkHandlesTypes(ContextConfig.java:2109)
16-Oct-2018 16:38:24.025 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error deploying web application archive [/Users/brian.street/src/dhihippo/target/tomcat8x/webapps/cms.war]
 java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/cms]]
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:756)

my hippo-site.log is full of:

16.10.2018 16:38:39 ERROR http-nio-8080-exec-3 [RewritingManager.getSession:301] Error obtaining session
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: javax.jcr.LoginException: Failed to borrow session from the pool. javax.jcr.RepositoryException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: No repository found at: vm://
Caused by: javax.jcr.LoginException: Failed to borrow session from the pool. javax.jcr.RepositoryException: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: No repository found at: vm://

However, I don’t know how to proceed from here. Any suggestions?

Hi,
The site errors are the result of the CMS not starting, so please focus on this part:
Unable to complete the scan for annotations for web application [/cms] due to a StackOverflowError. The class hierarchy being processed was [org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.DERBoolean->org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Boolean]

Is there anything you customized in the CMS with annotations?
HTH
Jeroen

see:

found 2 version of bcprov-* got pulled in, so I was able to exclude the old version and resolve the issue. I just didn’t recognize the log message as a dependency conflict.

Thanks for letting us know, this makes sense totally :slight_smile: