Customising OOTB product bundled messages

Hi,

Does brXM offers any OOTB extension points to customise/override the messages being used on the CMS. For instance, is it possible to customise the message that’s being displayed to a CMS user when an unsupported Image/Asset file type has been uploaded ? Currently, these messages are bundled with the corresponding apache wicket components and couldn’t find a way to customise/override them. Thanks!

Cheers,
Selva

Sort of. I wouldn’t exactly call it supported. You can create a properties file in your project with same package as the one you want to change. This should be picked up by the classloader before the one in the included library. I would discourage doing this for classes, but for properties files it may be acceptable. It does become your responsibility to keep this file up to date across upgrades.

Thanks for the solution @jasper.floor

Have tried this already and it worked locally, but when I deployed this on brCloud, my bundle hasn’t been picked up and it seems like class loader loaded the product component resource bundle first in this case. Looks like it isn’t reliable.

Cheers,
Selva

I will have to try this out to confirm. I probably won’t have time for that today.

I believe you can override error messages here: http://localhost:8080/cms/console/?1&path=/hippo:configuration/hippo:translations/hippo:cms/validators/en