Error after installing B2C Commerce Accelerator

Hi,

I have today setup the brXM version 14.2.2. After setting up the basic project configuration as given here Get Started, I followed the steps for Installing Bloomreach B2C Commerce Accelerator given here Install Bloomreach B2C Commerce Accelerator.

After running mvn clean verify the server startup with the command mvn -P cargo.run gives the following error:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 15:54:44 INFO  Finished index repair in 21 ms
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 12.10.2020 15:54:50 ERROR main [RepositoryServlet.init:249] Error while setting up JCR repository: 
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] javax.jcr.RepositoryException: unchecked exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fasterxml/jackson/annotation/JsonInclude$Include
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:161) ~[hippo-repository-connector-14.2.2.jar:14.2.2]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet.init(RepositoryServlet.java:207) [hippo-repository-servlets-14.2.2.jar:14.2.2]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1134) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1089) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:983) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4871) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5180) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183) [catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[....

AND

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	... 55 more
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fasterxml.jackson.annotation.PropertyAccessor
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1365) ~[catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1188) ~[catalina.jar:9.0.31]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_231]

And few more, I can’t paste all due to limited text allowance.

What am I missing?

I have before used installing starterstoreboot project using Install B2C Commerce Using Boot Project in the past so I know how it should run. Unfortunately the new way of installing B2C Commerce Accelerator is giving me the above error.

Thanks
Ravinder

Tagging @giacomolm as you have helped me a lot in the past :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi @rsingh1

just tried a fresh install and I cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please ensure that the jackson-annotation jar ends up in your cargo (tomcat) shared folder ?

Hi @giacomolm thanks for your reply.

You are right, the jackson-annotation jar is not ending up inside the tomcat folder.

I have retried a couple of times ending up with same problem.

Hi,

Any help on this one as I am still getting the same error.

comparing the /shared/lib library folder with the file src/main/assembly/shared-lib-component.xml, I see that jackson-annotations and starterstore-api jars are missing from /shared/lib library folder. I am not getting any errror on mvn clean verify

Hi @rsingh1,

it seems not strictly related to the commerce accelerator installation, IMHO.

From my understanding you are testing the installation on a newly created project: more specifically, you’ve created a brand new project based on 14.2.2 [1]

As a next step, I would advice to convert your project to an “enterprise” project, as documented here [2]. Please follow the “Convert through essentials” paragraph.
Once the previous step is over, then you can install the b2c-commerce-accelerator.

Please execute those steps (again) and see what happens.

If you have some dependency issues, perhaps you will notice them while “converting” the project to enterprise, hence before installing the

[1] https://documentation.bloomreach.com/14/trails/getting-started/creating-a-project.html
[2] https://documentation.bloomreach.com/14/library/enterprise/enterprise-developer-information/setting-up-a-hippo-enterprise-project.html

Hi @giacomolm

It worked now!!

Although I did follow to convert my project to an enterprise project before installing B2C Commerce Accelerator. The only difference in my steps was that before I was converting my project to “enterprise” through essentials alongwith installing some other components like Banners, Videos etc. before installing B2C Accelerator.

This time I only installed “Convert to Enterprise Project” and now it seems to be working.

I can’t understand the reason for installing some components before installing B2C accelerator which caused jackson-annotations jar not being copind in shared lib?

Thanks a lot for your help though!