How Can We Provide Translated Menu Captions In BloomReach?

Hello,

The following developer trails page nicely explains how to change navigation menu captions (eg. “news” > “News”) in the Channel Manager:

However, this appears to store the language-specific (English, in this case) caption directly as a node identifier in the yaml/jcr, without a clear indication how we might provide the translations for the menu item in multiple languages.

Does anyone know how this might be done?

For instance, in providing a caption for the “news” menu item, I might need to enter “News” for English and “Nouvelles” for French.

It would be great if I could specify a dynamic resource bundle key (eg. “menu.news”) instead of “News” and manage the captions in the resource bundle. But I’m guessing it does not work that way.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Your understanding is correct, basically for each channel we have single menu translation.
But if your website having multiple languages then you would create multiple channels, each channel for each language, in each channel you create different menu.

Hello, Lê Thọ.

Thank you so much for that confirmation. It makes a lot of sense. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day,
Nick