How to switch from WordPress to Bloomreach?

I’m interested in the benefits of Bloomreach and want to migrate the site to your platform. How can I import a site with products to you without losing my data? thanks in advance for your reply

Hi,

There are some differences depending on which version of brxm you are talking about. The PaaS/OnPrem version offers much more ability to customize, which also comes with all the burdens of maintaining such customizations. The SaaS version is more limited in that sense, but you don’t need to worry about maintenance on the cms side. Either product requires you to maintain a frontend, though on the PaaS/OnPrem version you can use it in headless way or as a native frontend.

Migrating your data will be custom work, almost no matter what other product you move to. The data structures and essential design simply don’t allow for a simple automated migration. Even between two different cms projects from the same project the difference in data structures will have to be mapped by you. However, there is tooling to support importing data, so once you have a mapping worked out it should then be a simple process.

1 Like

Hi,

We have some tools for content migration once you have created your CMS implementation. However, I would not suggest storing product data in any CMS, that should rather be referenced in an e-commerce platform or PIM.

Check out our ExIm tool for content migration:
https://bloomreach-forge.github.io/content-export-import/

You would need to do some work to export the WP content and convert it into the JSON format that matches the model generated by ExIm.

Hope this helps

William

1 Like

Are you currently using Bloomreach? Or looking at it as a future option?

1 Like