Issues while adding "Projects" feature

Hi Team,

I am working on upgrading project from 11.2 to 12.00 version and I have followed the steps mentioned on following URL:

So after this I can see the “Projects” feature in the cms. I can create the Project in the cms but when I click on “Request Review” I am getting following error.

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/wpmDS] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1578)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:545)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:306)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:230)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:753)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:839)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:538)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:444)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:326)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4745)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5207)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:752)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/wpmDS] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:816)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:159)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:827)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:159)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:827)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:173)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:163)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate$1.doInContext(JndiTemplate.java:155)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.execute(JndiTemplate.java:87)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:152)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiTemplate.lookup(JndiTemplate.java:179)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiLocatorSupport.lookup(JndiLocatorSupport.java:95)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectLocator.lookup(JndiObjectLocator.java:106)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean.lookupWithFallback(JndiObjectFactoryBean.java:231)
at org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(JndiObjectFactoryBean.java:217)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1637)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1574)
… 25 more

I have added the ref in web.xml as well.

Could you please suggest some solution for that or What exactly the root cause for that?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for reaching out concerning access the the WPM database in h2.

• Has the bpm web app been added to your local cargo setup ?

best,

Michiel Rop

Hi Priyanka,

One can also add “Projects” via essentials ( https://documentation.bloomreach.com/library/setup/introduction.html )

best regards,

Michiel Rop

Hi Michiel,

Yes, BPM web app has been added in local cargo setup and war is also getting deployed in tomcat webapps folder.

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Michiel,

After completing the second step mentioned on below url i.e.“Upgrade the project’s sources”, I checked on essentials but I was not seeing the “Projects” feature to install so I am following the manual steps to install the “Projects” feature for that.

https://documentation.bloomreach.com/12/library/upgrade-11-to-12/upgrade-11.2-to-12.0.html

Thanks,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

My bad, indeed, projects was added to essentials in a later version.

• Did you update your context.xml as described ?

If checking/fixing that does not solve your problem, please contact our professional services for help through your account manager, since Workflow Process Management is not part of our community stack.

best regards,
Michiel Rop