Messages "... without matching named or residual [child|property] ..." when editing via channel manager

After upgrading from Hippo 11 to 12 we notice a lot of log-messages (localhost) when editing a first document via the channelmanager. Messages look like:

[ContentTypeImpl.resolveUnmappedItems:621] ContentType *namespace:documenttype* defines child named *mynamespace:mychildnode* without matching named or residual child in its Effective NodeType *hippotranslation:translated*,*mynamespace:mychildnode*,... ContentType child is removed.

and

[ContentTypeImpl.resolveUnmappedItems:665] ContentType *namespace:documenttype* defines property named *namespace:property* without matching named or residual property in its Effective NodeType *namespace:documenttype*. ContentType property is removed.

This logging is created in org.onehippo.cms7.services.contenttype.ContentTypeImpl.

I’ve got the impression that namespaces are merged to its “complete namespace”, including all nodes and properties from its hipposysedit:supertype(s). And that a check is performed for any unnecessary nodes/properties. What is meant by “matching named or residual [child | property]” and “its Effective NodeType”? Can anyone explain what is happening in this class?

After all, everything seems to work normal, but I would like to get rid of these annoying messages in our logs. How can I achieve this?

Hi EdwinB,

Not sure if it’s still relevant but you could always change the log level of a class via ${hostname}/cms/logging hope that helps :slight_smile:!

greetings,

Brian