Out of memory exception

Hello guys, I’m getting this error in my local box and I cannot find the real cause, have you seen it before?
Version 10.2.8

Exception in thread “Hippo JCR Quartz Job Scheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread” java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.commons.query.sql.JCRSQLQueryBuilder.createQuery(JCRSQLQueryBuilder.java:157)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.commons.query.sql.QueryBuilder.createQueryTree(QueryBuilder.java:39)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi.commons.query.QueryParser.parse(QueryParser.java:57)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl.<init>(QueryImpl.java:91)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.query.lucene.ServicingSearchIndex$3.<init>(ServicingSearchIndex.java:276)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.query.lucene.ServicingSearchIndex.createExecutableQuery(ServicingSearchIndex.java:276)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryImpl.init(QueryImpl.java:115)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SearchManager.createQuery(SearchManager.java:243)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryManagerImpl$QueryFactoryImpl$2.createQuery(QueryManagerImpl.java:222)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.CompoundQueryFactory.createQuery(CompoundQueryFactory.java:67)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryManagerImpl$2.perform(QueryManagerImpl.java:95)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryManagerImpl$2.perform(QueryManagerImpl.java:91)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.session.SessionState.perform(SessionState.java:216)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryManagerImpl.perform(QueryManagerImpl.java:197)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryManagerImpl.createQuery(QueryManagerImpl.java:91)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.QueryManagerDecorator.createQuery(QueryManagerDecorator.java:41)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.impl.QueryManagerDecorator.createQuery(QueryManagerDecorator.java:39)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.quartz.JCRJobStore.getPendingTriggers(JCRJobStore.java:783)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.quartz.JCRJobStore.acquireNextTriggers(JCRJobStore.java:577)

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:272)

Hello Martin,

from your logs i would suspect some query that explodes and you get the out of memory error. Are you running some groovy script or if you have some scheduled job that executes some logic that executes some query thats the first things i would look. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Lef

No, I’ve disabled all scheduled tasks, but this keeps coming up. I don’t know where to look at

Hi,

in the repository servlet, try the following query:

//element(*, hipposched:repositoryjob)

This should give you all the scheduled jobs in the repository. If one is being added programmatically it won’t be found of course.

I see…

1. /hippo:configuration/hippo:modules/scheduler/hippo:moduleconfig/system/EventLogCleanup
  2. /hippo:configuration/hippo:modules/scheduler/hippo:moduleconfig/system/FormDataCleanup
  3. /hippo:configuration/hippo:modules/scheduler/hippo:moduleconfig/system/CheckBrokenLinks

Those jobs should only fire once a night. It may be that the FormDataCleanup is even disabled (it used to be by default, but now is enabled by default). Try deleting those jobs (though make an export, you don’t want to actually delete them). However, those jobs should not be the problem. If they are it is a symptom.

1 Like

Resolution Steps

Windows

1. Ensure that in the Box web application, the versions of the files in question are the latest versions/have the most recent updates.
  2. You can do this by Previewing the file in question or checking the updated date in the Folder interface.
  3. Navigate to *C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Local\Box\Box Edit\Documents* and look for temporary versions of the files that Box Edit is attempting to save. Typically, these are MS Office temporary files that start with “~$”.
  4. In order to get to the Local App Data location, open your start menu and enter ‘%localappdata%’. Press Enter and you will be taken to this location.
  5. In C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Local\Box\Box Edit\Documents, delete the temporary files that correspond to these files.

Mac

1. Ensure that in the Box web application, the versions of the files in question are the latest versions/have the most recent updates.
  2. You can do this by Previewing the file in question or checking the updated date in the Folder interface.
  3. Quit Box Edit by searching in Spotlight for “Activity Monitor”, then close the Box Edit application.
  4. Access the hidden Library folder - (Note: The library marketing digital folder is hidden by default. Follow the steps below to locate the Library folder:
  5. Click on Go in the upper left hand toolbar
  6. Hold the Alt/Option key on your keyboard and select the Library folder)
  7. Go to the following folder: /Users//Library/Application Support/Box/Box Edit
  8. Open the Documents folder and delete the contents within it.
  9. Restart your computer.

Hi,

I have a similar issue, no OOM yet, but errors in the log complaining about a uuid that doens’t exist.
I’ve removed all scheduled jobs via console (/hippo:configuration/hippo:modules/scheduler/hippo:moduleconfig/system), but still it compains. The error in the log suggests that the job is run every 30 seconds.

@martinarias, did you ever find a solution?