Reverting published changes

Hi,

I posted this as a question to BloomReach via Jira and they suggested I post to the community to ask how other people are managing this.

We are aware of the ability to restore changes to a previous version of a document on a document by document basis but would like to know if there is any other capability to do this in some kind of bulk way.

For example if you merged a project to core, is there any way of reverting back to the previous published state for everything in that project?

Or if a lot of changes were made in core (so not in a project) and published, would there be any way to roll back easily, without having to go through each document individually?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karen.

I see a couple of issues. What is it that you are reverting? All content? All content changed since a specific date? In all content or in a specific sub tree? Anything more fine grained than that becomes more difficult if not impossible.

You can program restoring the old versions, if they exist. Make it a wicket plugin or even an updater script. Check the code in the workflow to see how it is done.

But now you have to deal with documents that may be locked by users. Sure you can break the lock, but that interrupts someone working.

Not all content but potentially content by date may work and the content could be anywhere within a few different trees.

Make it a wicket plugin or even an updater script. Check the code in the workflow to see how it is done.

Is there any information on your above statement please?

You should check the VersionWorkflowPlugin for the restore action.