Upgrade from 14.1.0 to 14.2.2 l10n issue

Hi,

Upgrading from 14.1.0 (archetype) to 14.2.2 gives problem:
[WARNING] The POM for org.onehippo.cms.l10n:hippo-cms-l10n-maven-plugin:jar:14.2.1 is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.onehippo.cms.l10n:hippo-cms-l10n-maven-plugin:14.2.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.onehippo.cms.l10n:hippo-cms-l10n-maven-plugin:jar:14.2.1 in https://maven.onehippo.com/maven2/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of hippo has elapsed or updates are forced @
@
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] The project nl.avans:associatedegrees-cms:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\alvant\avans\avans-14\associatedegrees\cms\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.onehippo.cms.l10n:hippo-cms-l10n-maven-plugin:14.2.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failure to find org.onehippo.cms.l10n:hippo-cms-l10n-maven-plugin:jar:14.2.1 in https://maven.onehippo.com/maven2/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of hippo has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 2]

In main pom version and essential version set to 14.2.2.

In effective pom I find:
<hippo.maven.plugin.l10n>14.2.1</hippo.maven.plugin.l10n>
Overruling to 14.2.2 or setting version in cms pom to 14.2.2 solves the problem.

Is this a wrong version in parent pom?

Thanks!

Kitty_L –
I tried on our project that was on 14.2.1 and upgraded the version to 14.2.2 and encountered the same issue. I have opened a support case with Bloomreach. This is the second time I have encountered an issue like this, they were pretty quick to fix the previous issue. I have included this post in the ticket, hopefully they will respond here as well when it is resolved. If not, I will let you know when I hear something.

1 Like

Kitty_L -
Looks like my issue was more a case of the Mondays, VPN had kicked me off when I ran my build. Everything looks to work for me. If you are encountering an issue, I would first check your POMs ensure you have no overridden properties or version, check your VPN also. If still having an issue, you can download the 14.1.0 archetype project (if it exists, or just get the latest), and attempt the upgrade there to see if you have the same issue. If the archetype cant be upgraded then I would open a support ticket, but our project is pretty vanilla that I upgraded to 14.2.2 so I don’t believe it is an issue with the parent POM. One other thing to try is clear your .m2 folder and pull down all dependencies again. Best of luck.

Found it!
Adding profile to .m2 settings did it.
Seems that up to 14.1.0 I’ve had no need for profile in settings, now you do.
Thanks mdg for your reaction!

Hi Kity_L,

Thank you for raising this issue!

We have publicly deployed the l10n plugin. It was a miss from our side to forget to release this dependency publicly.

Have a nice day,
Nikola

2 Likes