Add javascript the same way as css

It is possible to tweak the css of the cms by : Tweak the CSS of the CMS Editing Templates - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS

I’dd like to know if it is possible to add javascript the same way to the cms?
I think it is a nice to have.

The simple answer is, no it is not possible. Allowing js to be injected would lead to unpredictable results. Obviously there is a lot of our own js in there.

The more complicated answer is, it depends on how comfortable you are in java wicket applications. Even then you’d be doing customizations in the cms in a way that we can’t officially support because we cannot guarantee that everything else will work with your customizations.

Hi Jasper,

I’m aware of your points. But that would be our own responsibility.
We have issue whith the UX of the content editor. And you are saying it yourself… creating your own plugins is not supported. So both ways are no options.
Then I would like the way in which we feel comfortable. And that is adding javascript.

No reaction anymore?

Hi Timo,

There is no simple way to do this. You really have to write java wicket code to inject javascript in the cms. This is a topic too broad to go into detail here. You need to know java, wicket, and how the cms is put together. If you really want to do this, it is a matter of diving into these topics. Our professional services department could likely help you, though I expect they would strongly discourage it at first.