Bloomreach - SMTP Settings

Hi there, I wondered if anyone can help me. We have installed enterprise forms into our bloomreach installation version 14.1 and I want to configure the mail smtp settings.

We are running in a docker image all good, can set the environment variables and at the moment I have this config inside context-mysql.xml which is amended when the docker container starts

<Resource

name="mail/Session"

auth="Container"

type="javax.mail.Session"

mail.debug="true"

mail.smtp.sendpartial="true"

mail.smtp.auth="true"

mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"        

mail.smtp.host="@mail.host@"

mail.smtp.port="@mail.port@"

mail.smtp.user="@mail.user@"

mail.smtp.password="@mail.password@"

mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"

/>

However when we submit a form it is not sending an email, and it’s not logging any errors either, so I wondered in the configuration where are the email settings for bloomreach as a platform configured as I can find no documentation on the website documents.

Thanks
John

I have solved it

mail.smtp.password should be just password

1 Like

The JavaMail connection factory JNDI resource configuration is provided by Apache Tomcat and the enterprise forms simply uses the resource. [1]

So, if the settings are all interpolated correctly with the real connection settings, you will probably need to investigate the log files (e.g, $CATALINA_BASE/logs/*.log) to find and investigate any SMTP server connection errors. If any found, you will hit a lot of google search for various connection errors too.

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] Apache Tomcat 9 (9.0.43) - JNDI Resources How-To