Hot deployment of JSP/java code

Hi,

Currently I`am developing with Bloomreach v14 and I want to speed up the development time by using hotdeployment-features exspecially for JSP.
I have allready tried out the “HotSwapAgent”, which hotswap my java-code properly but doesn´t swap the JSP and using jrebel is not possible currently.

Can anybody recommend me other way for doing the “hotdeployment” properly.

Best regards

Andi

My main recommendation is to not use JSP’s. Try Freemarker instead.

I don’t use HotSwapAgent, but it should be a matter of configuration. Check the documentation, it definitely seems to suggest it is possible.

If you have not configured the JSP files under Webfiles then you may want to do that because according to the document the files will be reloaded automatically under local development

JSP’s cannot be place in webfiles and cannot (simply) be reloaded automatically.

1 Like

Hi @jasper.floor ,

In the documentation of brxm 12 it was described, how the application can be redeployed using cargo (see: Run and Develop with Cargo - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS)

This documentation disappeared in the cargo documentation of brxm 14 (Run and Develop with Cargo - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS)

Does this really mean that redeploying apps using cargo isn`t supported anymore in Brxm 14?

Best regards
Andi

There are things happening on startup that won’t happen on a hot deploy. So it gives the wrong impression, which is likely why it was taken out. It is a cargo functionality so it should still work.