How to create Event Listener for page modifications in Experience manager

Hello,

We wanted to create an Event listener that listen an event that triggered upon any page content modifications in Bloomreach XM e.g. new component added/removed from the page, diff document configured for existing component on the page, any parameter modified for the existing component on the page.

If Bloomreach by default doesn’t provide this then can we achieve this by customization?

Thank you in advance!!

Hello, you would want to use the event bus to register for events Event Bus - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS

Here is an example of post-processing of a published document or page Respond to Workflow Events - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS

The above listeners would be asynchronous and happen after your document or page is published. If you want something synchronous, you could hook into and customize the document workflow Document Workflow - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS

Thank you @david.bailey for the documentation.

The above documents are about only document related stuff. I want to trigger an event and do processing upon any page content modifications in Bloomreach Experience Manager by Webmaster/Editor
For example :

• The new component added/removed from the page

• Diff document configured for existing component on the page

• Any parameter modified for the existing component on the page.

Perhaps this is what you are looking for:

Thank you @jasper.floor !!

The above document only talks about event triggered upon create, copy, move, delete, and update pages via the Page Settings in Experience manager.

As I said earlier I am looking for an event that can give me an info about actual content changes being performed by Webmaster or the list of modified pages when channel get published.

Thanks again!!

Hello, what type of pages are you using? Experience pages are documents so you should be able to use the document workflow/events I posted earlier. HST and prototype pages are in the HST workspace config so you probably need channel manager events, here is the whole list Overview of Experience Manager Events and Response Mechanisms - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS.

I don’t think there’s an event that will give you exactly what changed though, you’ll have to figure that out based on your use case.

There is a channel publish event. You could listen to that and look at the changes. They might not be in quite the structure you desire, your view of a page is different from how the system sees it. IE, you see a page, the system sees a sitemap item, a page configuration, a document…