JCR IllegalStateException while upgrading from 12.x to 13.0

Hi All,

I am getting below error when i followed the upgrade steps for version 13 from version 12.

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: unchecked exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Node ‘/hippo:configuration/hippo:translations/hippo:types/robotstxt:robotstxt’ defined at ‘core/hippo-cms/hippo-plugin-robotstxt-translations/hippo-plugin-robotstxt-l10n-de [config: type-translations_de.yaml]’ is missing the required jcr:primaryType property

Please help what could I be missing?

Thanks
Rahul

Hi All,

Can i get response here?

Thanks
Rahul

Hi,

Node /hippo:configuration/hippo:translations/hippo:types/robotstxt:robotstxt
should be bootstrapped earlier by artifact
hippo-plugin-robotstxt-addon-repository.jar. Please check if you
have it in your CMS webapp.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

I found “hippo-plugin-robotstxt-addon-repository” jar under repository module. I have setup separate deploy for author and render. I tried after removing the dependency from repository/pom.xml. still the issue exists. I also tried with updated artifact “hippo-plugin-robotstxt-addon-hcm-site”, unable to get rid of this issue. Can you suggest something else that I should try?

Thanks
Rahul

I still suspect hippo-plugin-robotstxt-addon-repository.jar is not ending up in your cms.war, in WEB-INF/libs, can you check?

is this file stored locally in your project (type-translations_de.yaml), if so, add primary type to it.

Hi Machak,

No, its not there. It got fixed by adding the hippo-plugin-robotstxt-addon-repository.jar to cms project.

Hi Jeroen,

It got fixed. However now I am getting following error:

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Invalid data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Core bootstrap model contains hst nodes
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.hippoecm.repository.HippoRepositoryFactory.getHippoRepository(HippoRepositoryFactory.java:159) ~[hippo-repository-connector-13.0.0.jar:13.0.0]

Can you please help here?

Thanks
Rahul

HST nodes are not allowed in the core bootstrapping in 13’s multi site mode. Looks like “Enable Single Site mode” step at [1] didn’t succeed.

Jeroen

[1] https://documentation.bloomreach.com/library/upgrade-12-to-13/steps/enable-single-site-mode.html

Any possible reason why it failed that i could verify? As described on the link for Enable Single Site mode, I have made those changes.

Thanks
Rahul

You could try enabling info-level logging in org.onehippo.cm.engine.ConfigurationServiceImpl in your log4j2.xml file.

<Logger name=“org.onehippo.cm.engine.ConfigurationServiceImpl” level=“info”/>

You should then get some feedback in your console (or log files) at startup about trying to load the hcm.properties file and whether the platform is running in single- or multi-site mode.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I was able to fix this issue. However, soon after that i am stuck here[1]. I am unable to see any channel also site is giving 404.

[1] Issues after upgrading to v13

Thanks
Rahul