Upgrading to 13.0.0

Hi all (again :sweat_smile:)
New issue trying to achieve the upgrade to version 13.
I guess I’m close to getting it running locally, CMS & console are available but there are not channels!

Apparently new hst:platform is configured properly (It was created automatically)

About the errors: That’s what I have on my hippo-cms.log

01.04.2020 11:23:38 WARN main [ConfigurationTreeBuilder.warnIfValuesAreEqual:738] Property ‘/targeting:targeting/targeting:collectors/pageviews/targeting:className’ defined in ‘core/hippocms/hippocms/hippocms-repository-data-application [config: targeting/collectors/pageviews.yaml]’ specifies value equivalent to existing property, defined in ‘[core/hippo-cms/hippo-addon-targeting/hippo-addon-targeting-repository [config: targeting-configuration.yaml]]’.
01.04.2020 11:23:41 ERROR main [UpdaterRegistry.buildRegistry:88] Failed to register updater ‘add isHighlighted to all menu items’: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
updater: 11: unable to resolve class org.hippoecm.repository.impl.DecoratorFactoryImpl
@ line 11, column 1.
import org.hippoecm.repository.impl.DecoratorFactoryImpl
^

updater: 10: unable to resolve class org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.ValueFactoryDecorator
@ line 10, column 1.
import org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.ValueFactoryDecorator
^

updater: 8: unable to resolve class org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.PropertyDecorator
@ line 8, column 1.
import org.hippoecm.repository.decorating.PropertyDecorator
^

3 errors

01.04.2020 11:23:42 INFO main [IndexExportModule.createAuthenticatedEndpoint:70] Creating authorized endpoint
01.04.2020 11:23:42 WARN main [AbstractWebFilesArchive.logSizeExceededWarning:54] Skipping file ‘…\repository-data\webfiles\src\main\resources\site\images\assets\header-banner.png’ of 1470 KB (1505338 bytes) because it exceeds the maximum allowed file length of 1024 KB (1048576 bytes). If larger files need to be supported, increase ‘/hippo:configuration/hippo:modules/webfiles/hippo:moduleconfig/@maxFileLengthKb
01.04.2020 11:25:19 ERROR http-nio-8080-exec-2 [PluginFactory.createPlugin:106] No plugin classname configured, please set plugin configuration parameter plugin.class
Failed to instantiate plugin class ‘null’ for wicket id ‘null’ in plugin ‘home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hstRestProxyService’ (JcrPluginConfig:/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-services/hstRestProxyService)

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.

I found more info in logs. This is what I found when I try to load the site.

INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 03-Apr-2020 09:07:45.694 INFORMACI�N [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler [“http-nio-8080”]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 03-Apr-2020 09:07:45.717 INFORMACI�N [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler [“ajp-nio-8009”]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 03-Apr-2020 09:07:45.721 INFORMACI�N [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 455741 ms
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Tomcat 9.x started on port [8080]
[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-antrun-plugin:1.8:run (cargo-started) @ hippocms —
[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
[echo] Press Ctrl-C to stop the Cargo container…
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 03.04.2020 09:08:26 ERROR http-nio-8080-exec-4 [PluginFactory.createPlugin:106] No plugin classname configured, please set plugin configuration parameter plugin.class
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Failed to instantiate plugin class ‘null’ for wicket id ‘null’ in plugin ‘home.cluster.cms-static.plugin.servicesLoader.cluster.cms-services.plugin.hstRestProxyService’ (JcrPluginConfig:/hippo:configuration/hippo:frontend/cms/cms-services/hstRestProxyService)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 03.04.2020 09:08:26 WARN http-nio-8080-exec-4 [DocumentTypeCharacteristicPlugin.:53] The document type plugin for characteristic ‘documenttypes’ does not have any document type prefix includes configured. No document types will be shown to the user. Set the multi-valued String property ‘type.prefix.includes’ to correct this.

Best regards.

hstRestProxyService doesn’t exist in v13. Have you run upgrade verifier tool?

I run it before to start the upgrade (version 12) and everything was fine. Now on version 13 I’m trying to run it with the new profiles and I’m facing a net problem:

[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Connection attempt with socket Socket[unconnected], current time is 1586157569891
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=8009,localport=50888] for port 8009 managed to connect
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=8009,localport=50888] for port 8009 shutdown
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket for port 8009 closed
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Connection attempt with socket Socket[unconnected], current time is 1586158169611
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=8009,localport=51683] for port 8009 managed to connect
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=8009,localport=51683] for port 8009 shutdown
[DEBUG] [talledLocalContainer] 	Socket for port 8009 closed
[DEBUG] Stopping container [org.onehippo.cms.cargo.tomcat.OrderedWarDeployingTomcat8x9xInstalledLocalContainer@2d8003e3] failed
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to stop the Tomcat 9.x container.
	at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.stop(AbstractLocalContainer.java:305)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.ContainerStartMojo.doExecute(ContainerStartMojo.java:67)
	at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.AbstractCargoMojo.execute(AbstractCargoMojo.java:471)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:207)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.multithreaded.MultiThreadedBuilder$1.call(MultiThreadedBuilder.java:185)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.multithreaded.MultiThreadedBuilder$1.call(MultiThreadedBuilder.java:181)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

We run it on a different computer and had the same problem, so the port in use comes from the application itself and not from any other application running on the computer. I tried to change currents ports in use (https://documentation.bloomreach.com/13/library/development/run-2-hippo-cms-instances-of-tomcat-simultaneously.html) but having the same result.

You can try checking your network activity : lsof -i or if you are trying to reach 8009, lsof -i tcp:8009 (not a guru on this syntax, so may need to search for exact command)

See if something is actively on that port. I ran into an issue due to company messaging software was registering on a configured port before.

channel issue is gone. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I forgot to include: hst.configuration.rootPath = /hst:hst in hst-config.properties

https://documentation.bloomreach.com/13/library/upgrade-12-to-13/steps/upgrade-hst-configuration.html

Best regards.