User role required to enable BrManageContentButton?

Hi, we’re currently using Brxm 15.1.0 combined with React, and we’d like to enable the BrManageContentButton for users to which role xm.content.editor is assigned. We tried to assign role xm.content.admin to our editor user groups, but that doesn’t seem to cut it.

Is there another role we’ve overlooked, or should the xm.content.editor have taken care of this?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Robin.

I think the role you want is “xm.channel.webmaster”.

Note this does possibly give more access than you might intend.

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for replying so quickly!
Unfortunately, the xm.channel.webmaster role has also already been assigned to our groups.
The following rules don’t seem to suffice (when combined) :

• xm.channel.webmaster
  • xm.dashboard.user
  • xm.cms.user
  • xm.channel.viewer
  • xm.content.viewer
  • xm.content.editor

The standard ootb editor group has the following user roles:

• xm.dashboard.user
  • xm.cms.user
  • xm.content.editor
  • xm.channel.viewer

I’m not sure which is the one that allows showing the edit content button. However, the standard editor role does allow use of the edit content button. I assume you are using the react sdk BrManageContentButton? Make sure the content property is non empty and that you are in preview mode according to the react application. Easiest is to print this out on the console with some debug code.

We are indeed using the React SDK BrManageContentButton. I’ll follow your advice and see what the frontend code is able to tell us.

After investigating more closely (and being pushed in the right direction by your replies), it seems our rights and roles configuration does seem to work as intended. Sorry to have bothered you.

Kind regards,
Robin.

1 Like

No worries, glad I could help.