Woonsan's Dockerization recipe

Hi @woonsanko

We had some conversation in past over using the dockerized hippo instance v 10.2.11. It was running fine but there were some changes done to the backend AWS implementation and since then it has stopped working. I am attaching the logs of the issue here. Need your help in fixing this.
for logs - https://issues.onehippo.com/browse/GARTNER-106

Thanks
Himanshu

Hi Himanshu,

Regarding the error you mentioned:

cp: cannot stat ‘/data/index/index-export-latest.zip’: No such file or directory
Failed to download index export zip file.

It looks like you don’t need or feel like downloading an exported lucene index zip file on startup, for faster index reconstruction. [1] The example scripts [2] help download a backup lucene index zip file when starting a new node. Please take a look at the documentation and references there.
If you don’t need that feature, you may ignore the error message.

It was running fine but there were some changes done to the backend AWS implementation and since then it has stopped working.

What do you mean by that “it has stopped working”? Do you mean you cannot access CMS or SITE through browser? Did you take a look into the log files (tomcat/logs/hippo-*.log) by attaching a shell (see references [3] for the tools)?

Woonsan

[1] Lucene Index Export add-on - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS
[2] GitHub - woonsanko/recipe-for-dockerizing-hippo-cms
[3] GitHub - woonsanko/recipe-for-dockerizing-hippo-cms

CMS comes up but I am not able to login to it using the same passwords. We double checked for the DB changes and confirmed there were none.
Can you look at the ticket in jira? I did attached few logs there.

Thanks
Himanshu

Do you see proper result on SITE then? e.g, website or headless REST API call.
If so, could you consider asking an ‘admin’ user to try to connect the CMS to update your credentials?

I didn’t see anything suspicious except of this:

[31 Aug 2018 12:34:15,570] [ WARN] [org.hippoecm.repository.logging.RepositoryLogger]: [Logging of event org.onehippo.cms7.event.HippoSecurityEvent@3f018227 failed]

javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to retrieve state of intermediary node
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.resolvePath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:338)

Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NoSuchItemStateException: 5e142160-7368-4087-8ca4-07fa22013d7b
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(SharedItemStateManager.java:287)

#component==# #sourcetype==log4j# [31 Aug 2018 12:34:15,572] [ INFO] [org.onehippo.audit]: [{“application”:“cms”,“success”:false,“action”:“login”,“category”:“security”,“message”:“invalid credentials”,“user”:"**“,“remoteAddress”:”...",“timestamp”:1535718855564}]

I don’t have any clue what the above occurred, but it failed to leave logs in repository for some reason, which is not directly related to the login failure. The above error didn’t occur in login process itself, IMHO.

Anyone with a better clue?

Woonsan

Site needs to be mapped using virtual host config. But we are unable to open console.
Also I refreshed the backend DB with the one where we had working credentials but even then it is not coming up. I was hoping for some pointers from you.

It doesn’t seem like an issue specific to my dockerization recipe.
Could you please contact our professional services for a help through your account manager?

Thanks,

Woonsan