Comment system for Blog details page

Hi Team,

I was going through some plugins on hippo forge but I didn’t find any plugin or resource or documentation on adding a comment system functionality for a Blog post.

Say For Example, I have one blog post with name “Happy Life with Better Understanding”. Now I want to add a commenting system for my user, so that they can comment using the comment form and they can also read earlier comments on that article made by others.

Please Suggest, how can i implement this commenting system for blog post.

Thanks,
Amit

I don’t think we have a plugin, but it is not very difficult to create a component which handles this. AN example how to create comment document can be seen here:

You want to think carefully about your requirements first. Are comments moderated? Is that moderation before publishing or after? Do you need to export this? What format? Do you need to be able to lock comments? Should comments be searchable? Are comments from registered users? Do you allow anonymous comments? It may well be worth integrating with a third party system for comments if the requirements get complex.

Hi jasper.floor,

Thanks for reply, yes My requirement is pretty simple with below criteria:

Are comments moderated?
Yes
Is that moderation before publishing or after?
Before publishing

Do you need to export this?
Not Sure(You can ignore as of now)
Do you need to be able to lock comments?
no
Should comments be searchable?
No
Are comments from registered users?
any one can comment
Do you allow anonymous comments?
yes
It may well be worth integrating with a third party system for comments if the requirements get complex.

Would you please name few open source systems

I cannot personally recommend any third party comment system. All of this can be done in the cms with some work. Check out [1], which is a start at least. To prevent comments from being indexed will take some adjustment of the indexing configuration. A simple model would be to put comments in a custom doc type on it’s own tree. These should link back to the original article. For display you will need a component to retrieve the published comments.

[1] https://www.onehippo.org/library/enterprise/enterprise-features/enterprise-forms/pluggable-behavior-items/store-form-data-behavior.html