I created a new Document type in my local env, that updated my *.cnd file and also i updated templates.yaml file and created new documentpage.yaml file, and was able to test and validate all my changes locally.
But the same code when deployed to our DEV env, i cannot see the new document type created, can’t find these nodes in the console as well.
I am on Bloomreach v15.2 , what could be wrong?
It could be a number of things.
Here’s a few thoughts:
- Did you “commit” your new doctype?
It might be that it was created, but unless it is committed, it wont be bundled with the distribution.
- Is it bundled with the distribution?
Before deploying it, take a look inside the distribution file.
That could give you some clue if the problem is with the distribution profile itself - or maybe some conflict with the dev environment.
- You’ve mentioned that you’re manually updating yaml files related to the new document type.
You shouldn’t need to do that for something as simple as this.
I would let the system perform the yaml manipulation itself.
Thanks Joey for a quick response. Yes I committed my changes. My co-worker was able to test it in his local as well successfully.
Yes, i did not edit any of the yaml files or .cnd file manually, done it only through the console.
Thanks David. I re-checked our Bootstrapping property and i do see it is set to TRUE.
FYI- I came to know about that in the past someone made changes to the yaml file manually to add new Document Type(s). But i added my changes through the console.
In this case, you should consider using repo.bootstrap=full, that should always bootstrap your configuration. We should keep the configuration consistent between different environments, so this is a good option to consider.