New Document type when deployed to Test Env is not seen

I created a new Document type in my local env, that updated my *.cnd file and also i updated templates.yaml file and created new documentpage.yaml file, and was able to test and validate all my changes locally.

But the same code when deployed to our DEV env, i cannot see the new document type created, can’t find these nodes in the console as well.

I am on Bloomreach v15.2 , what could be wrong?

It could be a number of things.
Here’s a few thoughts:

1. Did you “commit” your new doctype?
    It might be that it was created, but unless it is committed, it wont be bundled with the distribution.
  2. Is it bundled with the distribution?
    Before deploying it, take a look inside the distribution file.
    That could give you some clue if the problem is with the distribution profile itself - or maybe some conflict with the dev environment.
  3. You’ve mentioned that you’re manually updating yaml files related to the new document type.
    You shouldn’t need to do that for something as simple as this.
    I would let the system perform the yaml manipulation itself.

Thanks Joey for a quick response. Yes I committed my changes. My co-worker was able to test it in his local as well successfully.

Yes, i did not edit any of the yaml files or .cnd file manually, done it only through the console.

Is the dev environment configured to bootstrap changes? Bootstrapping - Bloomreach Experience Manager (PaaS/Self-Hosted) - The Fast and Flexible Headless CMS

Thanks David. I re-checked our Bootstrapping property and i do see it is set to TRUE.

FYI- I came to know about that in the past someone made changes to the yaml file manually to add new Document Type(s). But i added my changes through the console.

In this case, you should consider using repo.bootstrap=full, that should always bootstrap your configuration. We should keep the configuration consistent between different environments, so this is a good option to consider.