How to display UUID on each document in HIPPO CMS (not in cms console), which can be read only format

Hello Guys,

We want to display UUID of each document in read only format in view and edit modes and we want to enable search the document with UUID.

kindly could you please let me know how to do this.

thanks in advance
Ganesh

Not sure what your intent is here, but it probably isn’t what you want. A document is represented by up to 3 variants, each of which lives under a handle. Check it in the console. Each variant has a uuid (in fact, all nodes have their own uuid). A UUID is also an internal implementation detail, I would not recommend using this for external purposes.

Hi Jasper, thanks for your reply…

we have different users, so only admin users are allowed to see cms console.

remaining users can’t see cms console, so for them we want to display UUID in cms.

like “localhost:8080/cms”, if i try to access any document i should be able to see UUID in view and edit mode.

could you please let me know how i can do this .

thanks & regards
ganesh

It isn’t really supported. You’d have to implement some ui classes to do this, and it would not be supported. Also, as I said, you’re dealing with multiple possible uuids. Which uuid do you want to show? UUID’s are not something editors are meant to reference.

Hello Jasper,

thanks for your quick reply.

I am trying to display, UUID like below…

thanks & regards
Ganesh

Hello Jasper,

could you please let me know, is it possible for searching document with UUID ?

thanks & regards
Ganesh

You can search for a uuid in the repository servlet, which your users can also do. It is read only so perfectly safe. From the cms it is not possible.

okay, thank you Jasper.